RAVE’s Article on the 30 Best Coffee Shops in the Northeast Proves What We Already Know: Northerners Are Fanatical About Their Coffee. But We’ve Also Learned Something New, Too. This Area of the Country Has Become More Accustomed Than Ever to Unusual and Offbeat Flavors.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., March 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — RAVE Reviews, an independent, reader-supported website, has published its list of the 30 Best Coffee Shops in the Northeast, just in time for the long, cold winter. The list includes top-rated coffeehouses, cafes, and coffee shops from Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. You can view the entire article on RAVE’s website.
Although Northerners are notoriously loyal to their beloved Dunkin Donuts, you won’t find any chain restaurants on RAVE’s list. Instead, RAVE’s editors dug deep to find out just where people from the Northeast stop to get their morning elixir.
It turns out, more people than ever are choosing small, independently owned cafes and coffeehouses to fuel up for the day. What’s more, Java purists (some who once scoffed at anything more than a black coffee in a paper cup) are trying quirky twists on old favorites and specialty lattes with names like the "Butterfinger."
RAVE’s list utilizes a 20-point scale for factors like nostalgia, popularity, cult following, destination, and scarcity, a methodology the publisher developed to rate the country’s best coffee shops, cafes, and coffeehouses. This Northeastern edition of the series includes an entire checklist of places you won’t want to miss the next time you’re in or around New England. The winners include:
- Westmarket Square Artisan Coffeehouse: Bangor, Maine
- Tandem Coffee Roasters Coffee + Bakery: Portland, Maine
- Speckled Axe: Portland, Maine
- St. Joe’s Cafe: Scarborough, Maine
- Wayfarer Coffee Roasters: Laconia, New Hampshire
- Lucky’s Coffee Garage: Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Bonhoeffer’s Cafe & Espresso: Nashua, New Hampshire
- Ashlawn Farm Coffee: Old Saybrook, Connecticut
- Giv Coffee: Canton, Connecticut
- Koffee?: New Haven, Connecticut
- Daily Planet Coffee Company: Buffalo, New York
- Gregory’s Coffee: New York, New York
- Birch Coffee: New York, New York
- Oslo Coffee Roasters: Brooklyn, New York
- Lenox Coffee: Harlem, New York
- Vigilante Coffee: Hyattsville, Maryland
- Rooster Moon Coffeehouse: Hagerstown, Maryland
- The Coffee Exchange: Providence, Rhode Island
- White Electric Coffee Co-op: Providence, Rhode Island
- Bolt Coffee Company: Providence, Rhode Island
- Liquid Art Coffeehouse & Eatery: Killington, Vermont
- Mocha Joe’s Roasting Company: Brattleboro, Vermont
- Small World Coffee: Princeton, New Jersey
- Empire Coffee & Tea Company: Hoboken, New Jersey
- Polcari’s Coffee: Boston, Massachusetts
- Thinking Cup: Boston, Massachusetts
- Nirvana Coffee Company: Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Biddle’s Escape: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Northern Light Espresso Bar & Cafe: Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Old City Coffee: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
To read more about each of these impressive purveyors of fine coffee, check out the full article— 30 Best Coffee Shops in The Northeast.
RAVE Reviews is an authoritative and entertaining guide for consumer goods, entertainment, and travel. It’s not a product review site or a lifestyle magazine. But if those two met on an online dating site, nine months later, you’d have RAVE Reviews.
Jack Kelle, Marketing and Creative Manager, RAVE Reviews
SOURCE Rave Reviews